Today marks the first official day of Autumn and with this comes a new appreciation for the smaller things in life such as the perfect cup of tea, freshly baked goods, comfort food and waking up to rainy weather. Today also means that there is 100 days left until the new year. Oh, how time has flown! I thought it would be nice to ease myself back into the blogging world by sharing my goals and a small bucket list for the new season…
I read somewhere recently that it takes 30-60 days for something to become a habit and that you can get significant results within that time too… this made me wonder what I wanted to achieve over the next 100 days before we meet 2020. It doesn’t matter what you want to achieve, it only matters that you stick to your goals and try your best to achieve them.
My Autumn Goals…
01. Plan some birthday surprises for my husband! We’ve got a week and a half off in the middle of October which I’m so ready for. We’ve got dinner at Olly’s favourite restaurant with our best friends, then a cosy trip to the Harry Potter studios which I’m very excited for, as well as a short but sweet trip to our home from home city, Edinburgh. I’ve got a few little surprises up my sleeve…
02. Soak up as much friends and family time as possible. I’m not sure there is anything else to say… I just want to spend as much time with my friends and family ❤️
03. Explore new parts of Edinburgh as well as Belfast! We’ve booked a very short amount of time in Belfast, Northern Ireland so we’d like to find a nice little café for a coffee and just explore a bit in between a project we’ll be working on.
04. Share a BIG secret that is currently going on behind the scenes… I’m feeling so excited to finally share this secret with the internet and I’m looking forward to just getting off my chest.
05. Have a HUGE declutter of everything that we own. I feel like I’m currently living in a place where all of our stuff is just accumulating and piling high around us and I’m getting the new season cleaning itch. This is going to be a huge task, I may have to make a strong cup of tea and watch the Marie Kondo documentary on Netflix to feel inspired…
An Autumn Bucket List…
Nail my chopstick skills (I’m so close!)
Rewatch the Harry Potter films on a rainy day
Bake multiple banana breads, gingerbread biscuits and practise other bakes too
Declutter my belongings
Create a self care routine and dedicate time to this routine every Sunday
Find a blogging routine that works for me
Visit a pumpkin patch
Undertake a hair transformation
Have autumnal craft nights with my girl gang
Read more books for fun again
Make the perfect hot chocolate (…with an obscene amount of tiny marshmallows, duh)
Go for walks in the crisp area at our local woodland
Buy some extra cute Christmas decorations (THERE, I said it!)
Visit the Harry Potter studio
You could say I’ve probably overloaded my to-do list for this autumn, but in a time where everything seems to speed up socially and financially wise, it’s important to remember to slow down and do the things that really matter to you, no matter what they are.
What are your Autumn goals? Do you have anything similar on your Autumn bucket list?